First, I thank you for visiting my blog. Look around, read a few post and feel free to comment, critique and /or make suggestions.
“Done so many things wrong- Don’t know if I can do right. But, I’ll try.” Tracy Chapman (1995 At This Point In My Life)
Those three lines in Ms Chapmans song describe me to a tee. I mess up a lot but I can’t stop trying because buried deep in my heart is the belief that one day I am going to get it right.
In the pages of this blog I will be writing posts on a variety of subjects mainly because my life, just like yours, is composed of various components.
Of particular importance to me is learning the practical application of the Scriptures. I believe the Bible is the owners manual inspired by God for us, and everything we need to know to live this life in His Will is contained within it’s pages. My intent here is twofold 1.To continue studying and searching God’s Word for instruction. 2. To share with you what I learn, as I learn it on my journey with Christ. I hope you’ll visit often.
If you’re still here and want to know more, here is my: ”Things About Me List.” I’m writing them as they come to me. So there is no particular order. Be warned: I’m listing the good and the bad. I’m sure this list wil be getting lots of updates.
- I like to think of myself as a complicated, complex, totally unique one of a kind woman- (just because it sounds cool).
- I need what I call my “peace time” at least a couple times a day – a few minutes to just be still by myself with my thoughts, plans, dreams… whatever. When I’m deprived of it I can get a little cranky.
- I love my children and grandchildren with all my heart.
- I am a perfectly, imperfect Christian and I have no problems admitting my flaws.
- I smoke cigarettes. (wish I didn’t)
- I am, and always will be a work in progress. Steve Harvey said it best, “I was who I was and I am who I am and I’m cool with both them people! So lets love forward.” I agree!! The past has nothing to do with today.
- I believe God can, and will use me in spite of my many flaws and I’m willing to let Him.
- Both of my parents (I love them so much) are healthy and I praise God for that.
- I want to visit Paris.
- My baby sis is my BFF.
- I named the blog Taylor Cares because I do (Care).
- I hate double standards. A tramp is a tramp. Male or female-makes no difference. And big manly hands are better at washing dishes – because I said so.
- I like to say “because I said so”.
- I once had the pleasure of being viciously cursed out by a two year old. I thought it was hilarious but his mom wasn’t amused.
- I like chocolate ice cream, cheese cake and fish on Friday.
- I’m new to blogging.
- I really want to learn to live completely in faith all of the time.
- I ignore hints. If you want something, ASK for it. Don’t beat around the bush.
- I know patience isn’t one of my strong points, but I am trying very hard to develop in that area.
- I like All music.
- I read the dictionary, because I like knowing the meaning of big words – but rarely use them.
- I can’t stand to be around two-faced, mean spirited, back-biting (____________) feel free to fill in the blank,
- I want to dance with Barack Obama.
- I think Beyonce rocks! And Justin Bieber too.
- I love Whitney Houston, Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Aretha Franklin, Patti LaBelle and Sidney Poitier.
- I love my city. Philadelphia is the capital of the world. (Isn’t it?)
- I like being 54, but I wish I still looked 35.
- I laugh- a lot.
- I used to fight- a lot.
- My first crush was on Elvis Presley.
- I’m a sucker for a sad story.
- I always root for the underdog.
- I believe I am blessed.
- I try very hard not to but every now and then a curse word slips out of my mouth before I can catch it.
- I hate taking pictures now, probably because I don’t look 35 anymore. Does that make me vain and shallow?
- I don’t like being disturbed when I’m writing. It breaks my concentration and I take it personally.
I live in Philadelphia, PA with my smart, spunky, opinionated and beautiful eight year old daughter, my smart, spunky, opinionated and beautiful seventy-five year old mother and a cat named Jade. There is a lot of estrogen in this house.
Update: July 2011, We now have a male puppy named Chad.