I woke up feeling groggy and depressed this morning for no particular reason. At least, there was no obvious reason that I could pinpoint. So I just accepted that I was in a bad mood.
Although I have been dealing with bouts of depression for as long as I can remember, this morning did not feel like the start of an episode. It felt more like one of those run of the mill bad days that happen to all of us sometimes, but then I realized my sadness was because I was feeling disconnected and far away from Christ.
Frequently remind yourself that God is with you, that He will never fail you, that you can count upon him. Say these words, “God is with me, helping me. ~ Norman Vincent Peale ~
Sometimes we need to be reminded of who we are and more importantly who we belong to. We are children of the God of heaven and earth, wonderfully and fearfully made in his image. We get to choose everyday, the kind of day, we are going to have.
[bctt tweet=”We can choose to turn any day into a day that honors and glorifies the magnificence of God.”]
Perhaps you are here because your faith needs a boost? It is my hope that you find at least one verse in the list below that will encourage you and give you the hope you need to keep holding on. These are the verses I refer to when my faith is waining and needs to be strenghtend.
12 Faith Building Bible Verses
- I will bless the Lord at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalm 34:1
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight Proverbs 3:5-6
- This is the day the Lord has made ; We will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
- Now to him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, for ever and ever! Amen Ephesians 3:20-21
- “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you;not as the world give do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27
- For who is God, except the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God? It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect. Psalm 18: 31-32
- The Angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him (who revere and worship Him with awe) and each of them He delivers. Psalm 34:7 AMP
- “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. John 7:37-38
- I will love thee, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my Rock and my fortress, and my deliverer: my God, my strength, in whom I will trust: my buckler and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalm 18:1-2
- For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus, our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
- But those who trust in the Eternal One will regain their strength. They will soar on wings as eagles.They will run- never winded, never weary. They will walk – never tired, never faint. Isaiah 40:31 (Voice)
If you have a favorite verse, please share it in the comment box below. As always your comments and shares are appreciated.