NaBloPoMo Nov 7 Prompt: Making family time is important. How do you balance your children, relationship and work life?
I can answer that question in two words: Just Barely.
Since this is a prompt for today’s post. I suppose two words and a picture just wouldn’t do. I’ve never really given it a lot of thought. I step out on faith and just do what needs to be done. If I sit down and start trying to figure out the “hows” I’d get all caught up and start wasting time.
For instance, I might make a list of things that must be accomplished in a given day. I’d write stuff like:
- Rise and shine. Thank God for waking me up. Start moving.
- Wake up the kid -get her to start moving.
- Feed the kid – Feed the cat – Walk the dog.
- Make sure she is in her line in the school yard by 8:25am.
- Return home – Start my other day.
- Writing – answering the phone – laundry, dishes and any other household stuff that has to be done.
- Shut it down at 2:45 – get to school – pick up the little darling and return home.
- Daughter bonding time -Snack time – Homework.
- Walk the dog.
- Prepare and serve the evening meal – sneak in a little writing – run my little princess’ bath.
- And on and on and on….
See what I mean? And this just a partial list that didn’t factor in the stuff like taking care of my spiritual, mental, physical and emotional selves. If I start thinking about it I’d waste a lot of valuable time.