Positive affirmations uplift and inspire us. So many people are in the habit of listening to the negative self-talk that goes on inside our heads. We must learn to be attuned to our thoughts in order to recognize when those negatives slip in. Then, it’s crucial to cancel them out immediately. The most effective way to cancel a negative statement is to counter with a positive statement, spoken with conviction – An Affirmation.
- The Act or instance of affirming; the state of being affirmed.
- The assertion that something exists or is true
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue.” Proverbs 18:21.
I prefer to speak Life. Specifically, to affirm the Will of God for my life as detailed in His Word.
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His Will, He hears us. And if we know He hears us, whatever we ask – we know that we have what we ask of Him. 1John 5:14-15
Spend a few minutes speaking the affirmation(s) out loud, three times a day, preferably first thing in the morning, at midday and again before going to bed. It’s important to speak your affirmation out loud. The Bible says, “You shall have what you say.” Whenever possible speak them to yourself in a mirror.
- My soul is filled with the Goodness of God. Psalm 107:9
- The Lord Is My Shepard, I want for nothing. Psalm 23
- I believe I will receive what I ask for when I pray. Mark 11:24
- I am the righteousness of God. My desires are granted. Proverbs 10:24
- I have the blessing of the Lord. It brings me wealth without sorrow. Proverbs 10:27
- Everything I give is returned to me: good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over. Luke 6:38
- I magnify the Lord who has pleasure in my prosperity. Psalm 35: 27
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
- All of my needs are met. I am abundantly satisfied with the fatness of God’s house. Psalm 36:8
- My God supplies all of my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19