A Blessing according to the American Heritage Dictionary is: 1) The act of one that blesses. 2) A short prayer said before or after a meal; grace. 3) Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being or prosperity; a boon.
Thayer’s Greek Dictionary states; Blessed of God means 1) to cause to prosper, to make happy, to bestow blessings on. 2) favored of God, blessed.
Evidence of the Lord’s love and desire to bless his children’s lives can be found throughout the Bible. A lot of people equate blessings with a lot of money or possessions. Having “things” is a blessing, but according to the Bible, a blessed life includes so much more. The blessings of the Lord touch upon every area of a person’s life; Body, Mind, and Spirit. When reading your Bible, if a verse or passage touches something in your spirit, personalize it, memorize it and speak it – often. Affirm what God says about you and your life.
Spend a few minutes speaking the affirmation(s) out loud, three times a day, preferably first thing in the morning, at midday and again before going to bed. It’s important to speak your affirmation out loud. The Bible says, “You shall have what you say.” Whenever possible speak them to yourself in a mirror.
~ ~ ~
- I am grateful that God has blessed me with an abundance of grace and favor.
- I am blessed for I know the grace of my Lord, Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 8:9
- I am faithful. I abound with blessings. Proverbs 28:20
- I walk into blessings today for God is ordering my steps.
- I thank you, Father, for the plans You have laid for my life.
- I am thankful my children and my children’s children will be blessed.
- All things are working together for my good
- I am blessed to be free from guilt and condemnation.
- I’m blessed by Goodness and Mercy. They follow me.
- I am blessed wherever I go. I am blessed in the city. I am blessed in the country.
- I am grateful for God’s peace, which guards my heart and mind through Jesus Christ.
- I am whole and healthy and healed through the blood of the Lamb.
- I will prosper in all things and be in health, just as my soul prospers.